Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Pugsley in Palli


I took up an offer from Deke this past weekend to ride his Surley Pugsley around town. It is a super fun bike. I had so much fun with it I decided to try it out on the trails. Some friends from Minneapolis and Chicago visited for Nordic Fest and wanted to try our trail system, so Freidhof, Grawin and I gave them a tour of Pallisades and The Van Peenen system. Since these guys were out of towners and probably not very fast on our stuff, I threw my pedals on the Big Wheeled Rig and got it dirty. I was able to ride surprisingly fast. The rolling momentum carried me right over roots, rocks and logs. It felt like I was monster truckin' the whole time. It was a work out on the climbs, but I'm a single speed guy and it's set up as a geared bike so I was able to ride everything. It was a little difficult to keep it on the trail and I could definitely feel the off-camber more so with the wide tires. I just might have to get me one of those.

No comments: