Thursday, August 7, 2008

Spring Break 2008 Trip

I haven't rode much this week, still healing from the 24 hour race. Since it sucks to check out someone's Blog and it's the same thing you read the last couple of days, I thought I would share some pics from our Spring Break trip this year.

Brian Fuhrman, O'Gara and I loaded up and headed down to Rolla Missouri to do some riding. We even picked up a Wandering Pan Handler at a truck stop in Cedar Rapids named Jeremy Burkhart. His Rig was in rough shape and it didn't get any better.

Brian's Brother Dan lives in Rolla and owns Route 66 Bicycles. He shingled his house with Yellow shingles to spell "BIKES". This wasn't really a bike trip, more of a drinking trip with Bikes involved. There was some flooding in the area and the first thing we did after checking out Route 66 was head out for a Gravel ride. There was a lot of water over the roads, but we made our way through. The second day was supposed to be a ride around a lake, but really it was more like Pedal, wade through water, Pedal, clomp through mud, pedal, crash and bust my chain ring, straightne it out with a BMF'n rock, pedal... The beer was more enjoyable than the ride this day.





Missouri is a little different than Iowa, and the people are way different. We decided to hit up the night life in Rolla. We hopped on the bikes and headed to a steak house that serves little cut up pieces of steak. Next we rode our bikes to "The Tater Patch" no biek rack out side so we stashed our bikes in a nearby yard. Turned out to be a Cop's house but we didn't know that yet. Let me tell ya, we got the full experience. We got sang to by the live band, free beers for being fire fighters (which we weren't) and a couple of near scuffles. I've never been in a place where I got so many dirty looks and so many free Beers in the same night. Must have threw me out of whack because the next day I will get lost in the Mountains and rescued by a forest ranger. I'll have to save that story for another time.

No comments: