Thursday, March 19, 2009

Drive > Ride > Drink > Sleep > Repeat

A few of us head out to Fruita/Grand Junction tonight to eat dirt in Colorado. In previous years this trip has produced such stories as "Taco Bell Under Attack", "F@#& those Arches", and "the daily gay bar escapade". The all star cast includes
  • Jeff O'Gara: Not just a Little Irish, he's just a Little Irish Guy
  • Scotty Marx: Ladie's Man in Spandex
  • Trevor Rockwell: Had his first Beer this Year
  • Dusty Bennet: Answers the phone when you call Trek
  • Mark Folkedahl: The Bluffton Bicycle Bandit
  • Jesse Reyerson: Beer in the Camelback
Honorable Mentions who have made the trip in the past and have ducked out this year:
  • Ben Shockey who for some reason rides more than he drinks lately: Can we get this guy a PBR sponsorship?
  • Jeremy Burkhart who had too much fun stranding me in the wilderness over night last year.
More to come.

6 comments:

b said...

Have fun, homos.

Barrelroll said...

Where is Eric? And why is "b" so mad about life??

Rode the River Trail today about six p.m. --- looks like I saved about two grand compared to you. :-))

Barrelroll said...

Oh, never mind about my "b" comment; I just realized he lives in Waukon.

b said...

Good point. Because we don't have any "gravels" to ride over here.

Barrelroll said...

Sure you do, b! Allamakee is the beast when it comes to gravels. And I can talk down about Waukon, though, 'cuz I lived there 15 years!

Barrelroll said...

Ran into Eric at the watering hole after a jaunt through Nordness. Clearly, he didn't make the trip.

See, I answered my own question. I am now qualified to be a teacher AND a lawyer.