Thanks to Judy "juice" Syverson and her volunteers for running the registration, food tent, and awards. Also thanks to T-Bock's for the awards ceremony, letting us bikers hang out, eat, drink, break stuff and kicking some of us out. ;-) Also thanks to everyone who showed up and participated despite the weather. No injuries, a bunch of crashes, and a fair amount of walking. It was a good time, fun to see out of town friends, and nice to have a whole weekend revolve around bikes.
Pics from the Time Trials 2009.
As you can see, things were getting wet Saturday afternoon.
Chewey and I taking a short break after sawing out some downed trees.
The future overall champ got thirsty at the end of his practice lap.
Moffat needed some refreshment.
Supervisors Captain and Jerry
More mud on the top of the tires than under them.
Do these guys do any work? A lot of standing around...
Prior to a door prize, chewey's fenders looked pretty sweet.
Thanks to Folke for riding with the GPS last night and Deke for plotting out the course on the computer.
Depending on the trails and the weather, this may not be the exact course, but it should give you a pretty good idea of what to expect.
For the first time ever, we'll be starting at the top of Palisades. Then dropping onto the River Trail, and crossing Ice Cave road into Rattle Snake Cave.
From there it's over to New Randy's and down into Death Valley, up Rocky Road, and jump into the lower half of little Big Horn before you get to the First Right. Then it's the usual flow of Switchbacks, Dustbowl, North 40, Gunner, Julia, and you pop out in the prairie by the fire pit. From here we'll head over to the upper section of Little Big Horn and ride to the First Right, hop out onto Rocky Road for about 20 ft before bombing down Fred's back into Death Valley. Now it's up Old Randy's. At the tops, take a left and ride LXC back to the top of New Randy's, take a right and hit Captain's over to Boa. From Boa you'll shoot onto Mother's Day and ride all the way over to Wold's, cross over and then cross back onto lower Mother's day. From here you'll ride to the new exit which dumps out onto Ice Cave road where you'll meet Judy and her lovely assistant for your finish time.
Last night we had the first Tuesday night time trial of 2009. The wiener was the B-train from Wakooon, followed by Folkie, with Wes Gregg in third. Deke brought wieners and we had a grand old time roasting them over the open fire, we also had a few cases of the high life and the blue ribbon.
1. President Jeff Friedhof 2. Vice President Doug Osborn 3. Secretary Jesse Reyerson 4. Treasurer Pete Blodgette
2. Time Trials: The Course has been drawn out and Saturday April 11th will be the work day. Gather at the Trail entrance for Boa and Wold's off of Ice Cave Road at 3:00 if you can help. The course map will be available on the blog and the website this week. The most work will be restoring the east end of the river trail and a replacement for the exit from Boa/Wold's to Ice Cave Road has already been built. The remaining work will be nipping and raking.
3. Dirt Burger: June 19-20-21. The Camping area will be the campground used for the Ballyhoo 2 years ago. If the area is wet like last year, we will move up to the Pines and Fire pit area in Van Peenen. Friday night there will be a casual night ride around 9:30. Saturday will consist of 2 organized group rides. Saturday night there events and it is still undecided if there will be any official "party". Sunday will be a gravel ride to Bluffton leaving around 10:00 AM.
4. DHPT T-Shirts will be $15. I will be sending out more information this week.
5. The weekly Time Trials will start this coming Tuesday, April 14 starting at 6:15 from the Van Peenen fire pit.
6. Adopt a Trail Again this year, please adopt a section of trail to maintain this summer. You can do a section in a group or by yourself, we just ask that you make sure that you find time to keep the weeds down and make sure the trail is ride-able. Jeff O'Gara will take care of any chainsaw work in the case that a tree falls in your trail, but weeds and leaves will be your responsibility. Please send me an e-mail with your preferred trail section.
Other than that, the trails are already in rockin' shape. Get out and enjoy them!