Decorah Human Powered Trails
Monthly Meeting Minutes
**Monthly Time Trial- May 17th @ at Glory Hole in Dunning Springs.
**Doug Osborn has agreed to become acting President in the absence of Jesse Reyerson due to relocation in
Decorah Time Trials 2010 Recap
- Overall Success!
- 108 Registered Riders, 98 actual participants on day of race.
- Investigate Alternate Weekends for Time Trials for further participate growth
- Research Numbers of Participants over the 20 years of event
- Research Possible Weekend Festival Concept
- Saturday- Live Music, Bon Fire, Other Options
- Take a look at other race calendars to see what weekend might be free to include as many from the
Trail Maintenance and Promotion Position
- Park and Recreation approved the creation of a Trail Maintenance and Promotion to oversee the off-road trails of Decorah’s Van Peenen,
Palisadesand Dunnings Parks
- Position is to be funded using Sponsorship as the primary funding.
- Race entry fees in the future will also have a portion dedicated to the position
- Trevor has taken charge of collecting sponsorship and becoming the Trail Maintenance Person for 2010
- Sponsorship sheets have gone out to a few businesses so far with interest shown by all
- Sponsorship Sheet is Attached as well!!
- Those interested in Sponsorship should contact Trevor Rockwell @ 563-212-5890 or email @ email@example.com
- Sov is once again putting on the event on June 11th-13th
- Surly will once again be sponsoring the Porta-Johns
- No Ride scheduled to Bluffton as was last year
- Campground will be located under the
across from the Old Bruenning Truck Garage Quarry Hill Bridge
- Schedule- Not set in stone!!!!
- Night Ride Friday Evening- Meet at Campground at
- Bucketball World Championships- Saturday at Location TBD
- Trail Ride throughout Saturday
- VERY CASUAL!
Next Meeting- June 1st @ at T-Bocks
June Meeting Agenda
- Robin Fisher will be in to discuss the upcoming Breast Cancer Awareness Month Activities and possible DHPT involvement
- Dirt Burger Final Preparation