Monday, January 7, 2013
7:00 p.m. Call to Order
Roll Call: Kirk Johnson, Pete Blodgett, Jeff O’Gara, Lars Hovden, Eric Sovern, Lee Hackman
$2,756.82in Judy’s Park and Rec DHPT Account
$635.03 in the checkbook.
Recent Expenditures for Dec.
-$56.62 Tape and Tongs
Minutes from the Last Meeting (moved by KJ, second by LH; All ayes)
Reports of Officers, and Committees
1. Beginner Trail development
Trail at entrance to River Trail is pretty well done except fro raking and one new tree down. Well finish in the Spring.
2. Sponsor Hat distribution (status)
3 hats for Manpower; 2 for Cresco Bikes; 2 for Klocke Const.; 2 for Gundersen Clinic; 2 for Edward Jones; 2 for Infastec are left to distribute.
3. Trail Closures
Change agenda item to “Trail Clarity and Signage” (more to come)
1. 2013 Pugsley Worlds – Saturday Feb. 23rd, 2013.
From Jesse today: “For the 2013 PWC3, I just learned this week that the Feb 23 date is the same date as the Chamber Galla. I am NOT moving the date, however, the upstairs of the Oaks Steak House is closed that night for the Galla. Shockey did say that we have permission to use the lower level of the Oaks. There is a bar down there, and bathrooms, and a large common area. We would probably not be able to order off the Oaks menu, but we would be able to order Mabe's Pizzas and possibly allow people to pay for a Mabe's Pizza Buffet. I think this is an OK option, but the idea of Fat Bikers mingling with Galla folks is a little uncertain. Would anyone have any other suggestions for an awards/party venue?
Also, I would like to order official PWC bike number plates this year. I ordered some for the Platty Fatty and they look great and make the event a little more official. A copy of the Platty Fatty number is attached. It cost about $90 for 100 numbers and sponsors are listed at the top, 9:ZERO:7 and WWW.FAT-BIKE.COM. I would list SURLY and DHPT as sponsors on the PWC numbers. I would ask for that to be paid from the club fund, and then paid back with the donations received from the riders on race day. I am still thinking of a couple different routes for the course. Once I have a better plan I will know how many volunteers I will need.
Eric Clement has donated $500.00 cash for half of the prize money and I gave that to Captain for the time being. Fridhof is donating the other half.”
Prizes for awards will be:
$500 first place
$250 second place
$100 third place
$150 First Place
$100 Second Place
$50 Third Place
No age categories.
Also, If someone can send me an updated DHPT Sponsor list, I can change the rotating images for the sponsorship levels on the Blog. I noticed that it is currently the 2011 sponsors being displayed.
(Some discussion on options for sites: T-Bocks basement is available; Elks Club? It was decided to leave it up to Spinner to decide what works best for the event)
2. Update Blog appearance. (nothing new)
3. Iowa Bike Coalition Meeting Jan. 26, 2013 -- http://iowabicyclecoalition.org/events/iowa-bicycle-expo/ (nothing new)
4. Updated e-mail list. (work on this… need the list available on the website)
5. unspent trail dollars. (try to use on River Trail this Spring)
6. Downtown bicycle parking-City Council
1. Map Holders (It was suggested to remove the map holders from the kiosks and place a sign telling people where maps are available: scans and bike shops and Chamber downtown)
2. DirtBurger fundraiser with restaurant in June (It was suggested to support whatever music event is going on out there, but don’t get involved with any fundraising. Don’t do it.)
*1st Monday of each month is DHPT Meeting Night.
*2nd Tuesday of each month is TT or Enduro. (as long as the weather permits!)
*4th Wednesday of each month is TT or Enduro. (as long as the weather permits!)
Saturday, Feb. 23, 2013 --- Pugsley Worlds
Saturday, April 27, 2013 --- Decorah Time Trials
Start Race at 2:00 p.m. Done by 6:00 p.m. Sunday will be a fun club ride day for anyone staying over after Saturday’s race.